Thursday, March 22, 2012

Main Body 1 Arrives!!!

My comrades didn't return for another few hours so my dad put me in the Kolchak Kennel while he went to sick call.


Looking rather regal in my digs, aren't I?
Hmmm.... what's this? I seem to remember it from Australia.
My Oz family had some. Ah, yes. Grass.
I wish my Hawai'i family would grow some.
oooo.... this grass stuff is nice and cool.
After a busy morning napping in my Kolchak Kennel,
I tested out the cool floor in Dad's new office.
(The couch scares me.
Seems the floor is nicer than the office furniture.)
1SG Togafu is so brave. He sat on the ghetto couch
and pet this puppy. Aaaaahhh...
cool floor... nice ear rub.... aaaahhhh....
Some Wolfhounds (these guys are A Co.) returned and I got to greet them while
they waited for the formal welcome home ceremony.
The privileges of being the King of the Wolfhounds rock!
What's that over there?
As usual, we hurried up and now we're waiting.
Must be hard for these guys to wait knowing they are so close to
seeing their families after a year apart.
Getting my photo taken and being pet by a pretty lady.
Ruff life.
Don't the three of us look great together?
(CPT and Mrs. Mays)
That was me behind the camo curtain. Then Dad took me to the waiting area where I met wives, children, dads, moms, and other 3rd Brigade supporters.
Meeting a smaller human.
Both of us are sizing up the other.
He pets me, I like him.
His mom smells nice too.
Dad didn't take more photos after the troops arrived in the building. It's a fabulous sea of uniforms and joyous family members.

Here's some of me relaxing at home.

Yes, you found me in the tub again.
Since you're here, why is my bed wet?
Apparently Madeline took a shower in my bed.
Now there's mud. Possibly my feet were dirty.
I found a new hiding place. It took mom a while to find me.
Mom thinks I look funny with my legs stinking out both directions.
My puppy tummy.
This is the how mom found me. The nose didn't blend in with the deck. Rats.
I came inside and stuck my head under the chaise.
I think the sky might me falling.
I was playing outside, minding my own business,
 and mom caught me on the couch.
Not a word was said.
I knew it was time to get down.
That's it. More photos than words because I am a man of few words. I do know how to bark, but I don't often. Sometimes I growl during tug-of-war. Typing just isn't my thing when there are toys and Isabella to chew and chase.


No fear!
Kolchak XVI

2 comments:

  1. We need an update please!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! I just blogged again (finally) and will work hard to clear the back log. I live in a family of procrastinators and it must be an inherited condition. Thank you for the reminder and the interest in me. Much aloha! Kolchak XVI

      Delete