Monday, November 21, 2011

Mud, Mess, and Military -- Day 6-10

Busy, busy, busy!  It's hard to find time to blog between naps, cuddles, and play time. It took time to recover from my trip to Schofield Barracks. I got to stop at the vet to pick up my flea and tick meds so I can go to the beach... whenever we get time.  I also found out I'm growing fast since I now weight 39.2 pounds (17.8 kilos). Then I went to visit my Wolfhounds!!! YAY!! 


Here's how that day started though....
Mom came out to get me and Isabella and I were playing.
This was fun!
Yes, Mom. What's wrong?
Oh, Sister, really? Are you sure I need a bath?
Birdie?
Oh, I'm doomed to take a bath.
Apparently, only clean dogs go to post.
This has to be against the Geneva Convention or something.
I'm being held against my will.
Not my favorite activity so far.
Cold hose water blast bath.
Sister, I used to like you.
Are we done yet?
I'll just sit here on the step and wait  for you to get the towels. 
Playing and bathing makes for a tired puppy.
You missed a spot! Check up my schnoz for dirt.
I'm cold. Can we hook the hose up to the water heater next time? 
On my way to post to visit my guys in 1-27 and 2-27. 
Leave me alone. I need my power nap.
Are we there? I think I see Wolfhounds.
Madeline forgot the camera in the car at 1-27 so I only have phone photos of me with the Wolfhound statue... none with me with my soldier friends. boo  Guess that's a good excuse to come back!
Me in the Kolchak Korner.
I'll be on the wall one day.
Trying to stand like the statue.
















After sniffing around 1-27, I headed off to D-quad to see the guys in 2-27 Rear Detachment.
Mom introduced me to CPT (Captain) Collins with a treat. 
Maybe he's never seen a young Wolfhound?
Now this is how I like to be greeted! (Hill)
G'day.... er... um.... hello?
I like you, Randall, and I can tell the feeling is mutual.
Treats. Love treats.
I'm learning that waiting is part of the army.
Any more treats, Johnson? I'm doing my best "pleeeeeze" look.
And hello to you too, Rosario.
I like you too, Raths, and I'd like you a whole lot more
 if you accidentally dropped that pork sandwich.
I'm waiting again, but this time I just need to lay down.
All this new stuff, new people, new smells... just wears a Kolchak out.
Two seconds in the car....
this Kolchak was OUT!





The next day, we took it easy.
Lazy boy's way to drink his water.
Napping by the water so I don't have to walk far.

After a day of rest, I helped do yard work by doing some cactus disposal. 
Is it a stick or prey?
Well, Madeline, you've been trying to get a close up.
Is this close enough for you?
I see something, but I'm not sure it's worth leaving my giant stick for.
Maybe it's a bone. What's inside?
As usual, my teeth do the testing.

More yard time. It's where I go to burn off my energy and have a decent space to chew my sister. Sometimes we play chase, sometimes we wrestle, always we get dirty.
Jail birds.
"C'mon, Mom, let us out.
We won't leave the yard.
Promise."
Mom didn't buy it so I stayed in the yard and dug in the dirt
until I was so tired that I laid down by our water pail and guarded
my (possession is nine-tenths of the law) tennis ball.
Once again, napping on the job.
It caused me to lose that tennis ball.
Darn.
Mahalo for stopping by to see what this Kolchak does. Mostly, I'm growing up and learning so when I'm needed at work, I am well behaved.


OOOOO.... before I forget... brag time! I have no fear of stairs. I may look goofy, but I go up and down without hesitation. AND I've learned there are invisible lines that I'm not supposed to cross to go into the kitchen. AND last night, I laid on our cushion all through human dinner... mostly. They bribed me with treats and it worked. Apparently, my nose in their plate while they prayed wasn't good manners. oooops. Sometimes I need to relearn my lessons, but I am learning quickly. I'm a smart boy.


No Fear on Earth!
Kolchak XVI
King of the Wolfhounds

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy to see you getting to know your new family - the Wolfhounds(human type) - and are looking forward to meeting you in the Spring!!

    ReplyDelete